SpaceX and NASA have confirmed that an “anomaly” occurred yesterday during a static fire test of the SuperDraco engines on SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft. The Crew Dragon spacecraft has eight SuperDraco engines that are used for its abort system in case of an emergency during launch or ascent to orbit. SpaceX is readying for an in-flight abort test as part of its preparations for commercial crew flights to the International Space Station (ISS).
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the week of April 21-27, 2019 and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess this week, except for pro forma sessions. They return for legislative business next week.
Margaret Kivelson is the new chair of the Space Studies Board (SSB) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. She succeeds Fiona Harrison who stepped down in order to co-chair the ongoing Decadal Survey on Astronomy and Astrophysics. Harrison was the first woman to chair SSB in its 61-year history. Now Kivelson is the second.
NASA released crew assignments for the International Space Station (ISS) through spring 2020 today. Notable by their absence are flights by the two U.S. commercial crew companies, SpaceX and Boeing. NASA had hoped that U.S. launches of ISS crews would begin this year. Instead, U.S. crew members will be staying for longer periods of time, including what will be a record-breaking mission by Christina Koch. She will remain for almost 11 months, returning in February 2020 instead of this fall.
The Science and Technology Policy Institute’s (STPI’s) independent analysis of the possibility of sending humans to Mars in 2033 concludes that it is “infeasible under all budget scenarios and technology development and testing schedules.” It might be possible for such a mission to depart Earth in 2037, but 2039 is more realistic, the report says. “Mars 2033” became a rallying cry for some human spaceflight enthusiasts during the Obama Administration and although NASA’s plans have changed quite a bit since then, a sizable Mars-or-bust community remains.
Pre-owned: An item that has been used or worn previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and ... Read moreabout the condition
|US Shoe Size (Men's):||0||Product Line:||Nike Air, Nike Basketball Retro|
Here are SpacePolicyOnline.com’s tidbits for April 15, 2019: Beresheet 2 already in the works; Falcon Heavy core stage tips over; Apollo 11’s Mike Collins wants “JFK Direct” to Mars; Skylab and shuttle astronaut Owen Garriott passes away. Be sure to check our website for feature stories and follow us on Twitter (@SpcPlcyOnline) for more news and live tweeting of events.
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the next TWO weeks, April 14-27, 2019, and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess until April 29, except for pro forma sessions.
Almost two dozen members of the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) quizzed four top military and civilian Pentagon leaders for more than two hours today about why a Space Force is needed and how much it will cost. In the end, there was no consensus from either Republicans or Democrats. Most seem to remain unconvinced that it will add value instead of just more bureaucracy, but are open to further discussions.
The Israeli Beresheet lunar lander failed to make a soft landing on the Moon today, but the effort, led by Israeli non-profit SpaceIL, is being widely hailed nonetheless. Although it did not win the $20 million Google Lunar X-Prize, the X-Prize Foundation decided to award the SpaceIL team $1 million anyway in recognition of reaching lunar orbit. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine and Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin were among those praising SpaceIL and encouraging them to keep trying.
NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said today that NASA is dividing its human lunar exploration program into two phases. Phase 1, to be completed by 2024 as directed by the White House, will focus on getting astronauts to the lunar surface fast. Phase 2, by 2028, will focus on making the program sustainable. The plan itself remains the same as before, but the Administration will request funding to accelerate it by 4 years.
- Nike Hyper Adapt 1.0 Size 11 Black University Red
- Mens Nike Zoom KD IV CT16 QS
- [RARE] Original Jeremy Scott Wings 2.0 Sz. US 8.5 (2010)
- Adidas adizero feather prime men running sneakers volt Last size 7 US B44575
- New Adidas Stan Smith BZ0401 Women Zig Zag Sneakers White Pink Size 4-7 Limited
- Puma State Medio x Alife shoes Sportive men Alte di Cuoio Pizzo black 360134 01
- Asics Solution Speed Ff Running Men's shoes Size 6
- Nike Dunk High CMFT “Bred” Men’s Size US10.5 705434-600 Black Red
- Nike Air Foamposite One Eggplant 2009 Size 12 314996 051 Penny Basketball
- 100% Authentic Nike Lebron 9 Big Bang AS Size 10.5 520811 800
- NIKE AIR TRAINER PREMIUM QS PAID IN FULL 607081002 Size 13 DS Rare Limited Used
- Nike Air Prestige II High 335808-112 Mens Sneakers Sz 9 White Black 182-14
- WMNS NIKE AIR MAX 90 ULT LIBERTY QS MERLIN SZ 8 [746632-100] RARE
- Adidas Harden Vol. 1 GS Pioneer Black White Red BW0630 BOOST Size 3.5 or wmns 5
- Adidas Tubular Shadow Womens CQ2461 Maroon Stretchy Dupont Kevlar shoes Size 10
- New Balance H 754 by shoes Leisure Boots Hiking Boot Brown Yellow H754BY
- Women's shoes PUMA Basket Platform Patent Sneaker 363314-01 Halogen bluee New
- NIKE AIR MAX 1 SIZE 8 QS DS WHITE SPORT RED 378830 161 2009 DS OG 87 MESH
- Nike Men's Lunarestoa 2 SE Bright Crimson Anthracite US9.5 821772-600
- Nike Lunar Force 1 Duckboot - Dark Obsidian Size 8 New navy bluee gumsole
- Jordan 4 White Cement Size 5.5 1999 VERY RARE
- Nike Air Force 1 Playstation Size 9
- Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 34 Grey bluee Size 11 (4E) New
- Nike Shox D GS - Black Oxide - Sport Red - 303988 002 - Boys 6.5 Womens 8
- Adidas x Pharrell Williams NMD HU Holi Festival Pink AC7362 Size 11 w receipt
- MEN'S SHOES SNEAKERS ADIDAS ORIGINALS ULTRA TECH [B37916]
- MEN'S ADIDAS AX2 CLIMAPROOF SHOES OUTDOOR TRAIL SHOES SIZE 9
- PUMA Men's Carson 2 Nature Knit Sneaker - Choose SZ color