SpaceX and NASA have confirmed that an “anomaly” occurred yesterday during a static fire test of the SuperDraco engines on SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft. The Crew Dragon spacecraft has eight SuperDraco engines that are used for its abort system in case of an emergency during launch or ascent to orbit. SpaceX is readying for an in-flight abort test as part of its preparations for commercial crew flights to the International Space Station (ISS).
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the week of April 21-27, 2019 and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess this week, except for pro forma sessions. They return for legislative business next week.
Margaret Kivelson is the new chair of the Space Studies Board (SSB) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. She succeeds Fiona Harrison who stepped down in order to co-chair the ongoing Decadal Survey on Astronomy and Astrophysics. Harrison was the first woman to chair SSB in its 61-year history. Now Kivelson is the second.
NASA released crew assignments for the International Space Station (ISS) through spring 2020 today. Notable by their absence are flights by the two U.S. commercial crew companies, SpaceX and Boeing. NASA had hoped that U.S. launches of ISS crews would begin this year. Instead, U.S. crew members will be staying for longer periods of time, including what will be a record-breaking mission by Christina Koch. She will remain for almost 11 months, returning in February 2020 instead of this fall.
The Science and Technology Policy Institute’s (STPI’s) independent analysis of the possibility of sending humans to Mars in 2033 concludes that it is “infeasible under all budget scenarios and technology development and testing schedules.” It might be possible for such a mission to depart Earth in 2037, but 2039 is more realistic, the report says. “Mars 2033” became a rallying cry for some human spaceflight enthusiasts during the Obama Administration and although NASA’s plans have changed quite a bit since then, a sizable Mars-or-bust community remains.
Pre-owned: An item that has been used or worn previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and ... Read moreabout the condition
|US Shoe Size (Men's):||9||Product Line:||Air Jordan|
Here are SpacePolicyOnline.com’s tidbits for April 15, 2019: Beresheet 2 already in the works; Falcon Heavy core stage tips over; Apollo 11’s Mike Collins wants “JFK Direct” to Mars; Skylab and shuttle astronaut Owen Garriott passes away. Be sure to check our website for feature stories and follow us on Twitter (@SpcPlcyOnline) for more news and live tweeting of events.
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the next TWO weeks, April 14-27, 2019, and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess until April 29, except for pro forma sessions.
Almost two dozen members of the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) quizzed four top military and civilian Pentagon leaders for more than two hours today about why a Space Force is needed and how much it will cost. In the end, there was no consensus from either Republicans or Democrats. Most seem to remain unconvinced that it will add value instead of just more bureaucracy, but are open to further discussions.
The Israeli Beresheet lunar lander failed to make a soft landing on the Moon today, but the effort, led by Israeli non-profit SpaceIL, is being widely hailed nonetheless. Although it did not win the $20 million Google Lunar X-Prize, the X-Prize Foundation decided to award the SpaceIL team $1 million anyway in recognition of reaching lunar orbit. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine and Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin were among those praising SpaceIL and encouraging them to keep trying.
NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said today that NASA is dividing its human lunar exploration program into two phases. Phase 1, to be completed by 2024 as directed by the White House, will focus on getting astronauts to the lunar surface fast. Phase 2, by 2028, will focus on making the program sustainable. The plan itself remains the same as before, but the Administration will request funding to accelerate it by 4 years.
- Nike Off White Airmax 97 Sz 8.5 Brand New Jordan 1 Presto Airforce Vapormax
- Nike Air Huarache Men's 318429-052 Black Gum Running shoes Sz 10.5 - NIB
- Nike Air Max Goadome Boot ACG Navy bluee Men SZ 7.5 - 13
- Nike Air Burst Premium Navigation Pack Staple Sz. 9.5 Rare 1 90 93 95 97 98
- Yeezy 350 Boost Pirate Black Size 7.5
- Adidas F37037 Womens Ultimafusion- Choose SZ color.
- New Balance Men's Procts1 Classic Court Fashion Sneakers - Choose SZ color
- VANS MAN FREE TIME CASUAL SNEAKER SHOES CANVAS SUEDE CODE OLD SKOOL LITE
- Supreme Nike Air Streak Spectrum Plus Black Box Logo Red Reflective SIZE 8 NEW
- Mens Nike Flyknit Trainer AH8396-007 Black Black Brand New Size 11
- Air Max 97 Size 9.5
- Nike Womens Sockracer Flyknit Low Top Buckle Running Sneaker
- [B42728] Mens Adidas Crazylight Boost 2.5 Low Basketball Sneaker - Black
- Adidas Springblade Drive C77559 Womens Running shoes Black Pink NIB SEE SIZES
- Off-White x Nike Air Presto
- NEW Jordan Kid's Air 6 Retro BG, WHITE WHITE-HYPER JADE-BLCK, Youth Size 5Y
- shoes New Balance Lifestyle Retro 90s Black Men
- Puma x Rihanna Fenty Fur Slide Bay Green Sandal shoes 365772-01 100% Authentic
- NEW Nike Flyknit Racer Game Royal Black Pink Flash Purple 526628-400 size 11.5
- 2014 Nike Air Jordan Retro 10 Powder bluee Sz 10.5 (1009) 310805-106
- NIKE AIR MAX 2017 Men's size 10 Brand new in box Black
- Nike Renew Rival Running shoes AA7400-300 Sequoia Size 12.5
- Nike Hyperdunk Mens Size 15 Hyper Grape 653640-588 VNDS 9.9 10 Cond
- Nike Air Jordan 5 V Retro Supreme Camo Men's 11
- Women's NEW Nike Air Max 95 OG Light Silver Moon Particle 307960-018 shoes
- 1808 adidas Pro Spark Low Men's Basketball shoes BB7539
- ADIDAS X GAME OF THRONES HOUSE LANNISTER ULTRA BOOST Size US 10 (Women) 9 (Men)
- New Balance Men's extra wide (2E) 993 tennis shoes in Green suede US993GR NIB
- Asics T6h3n Nitrofuze Sneaker bluee White 180596
- NIKE shoes RUNNING DOWNSHIFTER shoes DEPORTE 8 MARINO num-45
- Nike Epic React Flyknit AQ0067-102
- Nike Zoom Victory Xc Nike Cross Nationals Sample Size 11 Used
- Men 9.5Us Mint cm Air Force 1 Mid Retro Prm
- Nike Flex Contact Lightweight Running shoes - Men's Size 10.5 Cross Training
- Nike Roshe One Hyperfuse Breathe BR Men's Size 12 shoes Midnight Navy 833125 400
- Adidas CAMPUS SUP-M Q4 Black White Sneakers Basketball shoes size US 9.5