SpaceX and NASA have confirmed that an “anomaly” occurred yesterday during a static fire test of the SuperDraco engines on SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft. The Crew Dragon spacecraft has eight SuperDraco engines that are used for its abort system in case of an emergency during launch or ascent to orbit. SpaceX is readying for an in-flight abort test as part of its preparations for commercial crew flights to the International Space Station (ISS).
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the week of April 21-27, 2019 and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess this week, except for pro forma sessions. They return for legislative business next week.
Margaret Kivelson is the new chair of the Space Studies Board (SSB) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. She succeeds Fiona Harrison who stepped down in order to co-chair the ongoing Decadal Survey on Astronomy and Astrophysics. Harrison was the first woman to chair SSB in its 61-year history. Now Kivelson is the second.
NASA released crew assignments for the International Space Station (ISS) through spring 2020 today. Notable by their absence are flights by the two U.S. commercial crew companies, SpaceX and Boeing. NASA had hoped that U.S. launches of ISS crews would begin this year. Instead, U.S. crew members will be staying for longer periods of time, including what will be a record-breaking mission by Christina Koch. She will remain for almost 11 months, returning in February 2020 instead of this fall.
The Science and Technology Policy Institute’s (STPI’s) independent analysis of the possibility of sending humans to Mars in 2033 concludes that it is “infeasible under all budget scenarios and technology development and testing schedules.” It might be possible for such a mission to depart Earth in 2037, but 2039 is more realistic, the report says. “Mars 2033” became a rallying cry for some human spaceflight enthusiasts during the Obama Administration and although NASA’s plans have changed quite a bit since then, a sizable Mars-or-bust community remains.
Pre-owned: An item that has been used or worn previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and ... Read moreabout the condition
|US Shoe Size (Men's):||9||Product Line:||Air Jordan|
Here are SpacePolicyOnline.com’s tidbits for April 15, 2019: Beresheet 2 already in the works; Falcon Heavy core stage tips over; Apollo 11’s Mike Collins wants “JFK Direct” to Mars; Skylab and shuttle astronaut Owen Garriott passes away. Be sure to check our website for feature stories and follow us on Twitter (@SpcPlcyOnline) for more news and live tweeting of events.
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the next TWO weeks, April 14-27, 2019, and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess until April 29, except for pro forma sessions.
Almost two dozen members of the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) quizzed four top military and civilian Pentagon leaders for more than two hours today about why a Space Force is needed and how much it will cost. In the end, there was no consensus from either Republicans or Democrats. Most seem to remain unconvinced that it will add value instead of just more bureaucracy, but are open to further discussions.
The Israeli Beresheet lunar lander failed to make a soft landing on the Moon today, but the effort, led by Israeli non-profit SpaceIL, is being widely hailed nonetheless. Although it did not win the $20 million Google Lunar X-Prize, the X-Prize Foundation decided to award the SpaceIL team $1 million anyway in recognition of reaching lunar orbit. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine and Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin were among those praising SpaceIL and encouraging them to keep trying.
NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said today that NASA is dividing its human lunar exploration program into two phases. Phase 1, to be completed by 2024 as directed by the White House, will focus on getting astronauts to the lunar surface fast. Phase 2, by 2028, will focus on making the program sustainable. The plan itself remains the same as before, but the Administration will request funding to accelerate it by 4 years.
- Nike Off White Airmax 97 Sz 8.5 Brand New Jordan 1 Presto Airforce Vapormax
- Nike Air Huarache Men's 318429-052 Black Gum Running shoes Sz 10.5 - NIB
- Nike Air Max Goadome Boot ACG Navy bluee Men SZ 7.5 - 13
- Nike Air Burst Premium Navigation Pack Staple Sz. 9.5 Rare 1 90 93 95 97 98
- Yeezy 350 Boost Pirate Black Size 7.5
- Adidas F37037 Womens Ultimafusion- Choose SZ color.
- New Balance Men's Procts1 Classic Court Fashion Sneakers - Choose SZ color
- VANS MAN FREE TIME CASUAL SNEAKER SHOES CANVAS SUEDE CODE OLD SKOOL LITE
- NIKE AIR JORDAN 13 RETRO CP PE CP3 black sunstone-orion bluee MEN SZ US 14
- NEW Men's Red orange Nike Tiempo 94 631689-608 Casual shoes Indoor Soccer shoes
- Nike air force 1 Size 11
- New Women's Nike Air Max Axis Athletic Running Training shoes Sneakers Pink Foam
- Adidas Originals Los Angeles Mens Sneakers shoes - Black
- Women Adidas B37067 Samba pink Casual shoes black sneakers
- Nike Jordan 6 Defining Moments DMP Sz 11.5
- New NIKE Air Trainer Max 2 '94 White Grey Basketball shoes 10 NIB Deadstock
- New Balance Men's MD1200v1 Walking Walking shoes color BROWN
- Asics Gel Lyte V Birch Birch H736L-0202 OFFWHITE SUPREME BAPE YEEZY FOG Sz 9
- NIKE SFB SPECIAL FIELD 8 BOOTS SZ 5.5 MNS 7 WMNS (631371 222)
- Nike Air VaporMax Flyknit Moc 2 'Moon Particle' AH7006-201 Size 8.5-15
- DS Nike Dunk SB Candycane Ugly Sweater size 11 313170-613
- Nike Kyrie 3 Hyper Cobalt
- Nike Classic Cortez Nylon WMNS Women's Particle pink 749864 607
- Pre-owned Mens Nike Air Jordan Retro 4 Black Cool Grey Fear Pack Sneakers RARE
- Nike WMNS Air Max 97 Zen sz 8.5 (317979-011) Yellow Green bluee Red Weatherspoon
- Adidas Barricade 2017 Clay BA9102 Mens TrainersTennisto 13 Only
- Adidas shoes women Sneakers black 97923 BDT
- New Balance Men's M1980V1 Fresh Foam Zante NYC Running shoes Grey Red Size 9.5
- Puma Match Lite Basic Wn 10.5
- NIKE ROSHE ONE SE Special Edition Trainers Gym Casual - () White
- Nike Air Max 97 Ultra ’17 Olive orange Size 10 918356-801
- NIKE AIR JORDAN 1 MID UNIVERSITY gold BLACK WHITE GYM RED 554724-700 MENS
- NIKE KYRIE 2 ID WHITE-RED BLACK gold SIZE 10 843253-998
- Vintage Style Sneaker Nike Air Force-1 AC size 11.5 Red Wht
- Nike neymar Mercurial Victory VI Njr Fg Men's 9 bluee chrome volt 921509-407
- ADIDAS Ultra Boost W x NAKED 'Waves' Acqua PRIMEKNIT Unisex Sneakers NIB BB1141