SpaceX and NASA have confirmed that an “anomaly” occurred yesterday during a static fire test of the SuperDraco engines on SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft. The Crew Dragon spacecraft has eight SuperDraco engines that are used for its abort system in case of an emergency during launch or ascent to orbit. SpaceX is readying for an in-flight abort test as part of its preparations for commercial crew flights to the International Space Station (ISS).
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the week of April 21-27, 2019 and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess this week, except for pro forma sessions. They return for legislative business next week.
Margaret Kivelson is the new chair of the Space Studies Board (SSB) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. She succeeds Fiona Harrison who stepped down in order to co-chair the ongoing Decadal Survey on Astronomy and Astrophysics. Harrison was the first woman to chair SSB in its 61-year history. Now Kivelson is the second.
NASA released crew assignments for the International Space Station (ISS) through spring 2020 today. Notable by their absence are flights by the two U.S. commercial crew companies, SpaceX and Boeing. NASA had hoped that U.S. launches of ISS crews would begin this year. Instead, U.S. crew members will be staying for longer periods of time, including what will be a record-breaking mission by Christina Koch. She will remain for almost 11 months, returning in February 2020 instead of this fall.
The Science and Technology Policy Institute’s (STPI’s) independent analysis of the possibility of sending humans to Mars in 2033 concludes that it is “infeasible under all budget scenarios and technology development and testing schedules.” It might be possible for such a mission to depart Earth in 2037, but 2039 is more realistic, the report says. “Mars 2033” became a rallying cry for some human spaceflight enthusiasts during the Obama Administration and although NASA’s plans have changed quite a bit since then, a sizable Mars-or-bust community remains.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
Dark Grey/Dark Grey-Wolf Grey
|Country/Region of Manufacture:||Vietnam||US Shoe Size (Men's):||US 9 Medium|
Here are SpacePolicyOnline.com’s tidbits for April 15, 2019: Beresheet 2 already in the works; Falcon Heavy core stage tips over; Apollo 11’s Mike Collins wants “JFK Direct” to Mars; Skylab and shuttle astronaut Owen Garriott passes away. Be sure to check our website for feature stories and follow us on Twitter (@SpcPlcyOnline) for more news and live tweeting of events.
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the next TWO weeks, April 14-27, 2019, and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess until April 29, except for pro forma sessions.
Almost two dozen members of the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) quizzed four top military and civilian Pentagon leaders for more than two hours today about why a Space Force is needed and how much it will cost. In the end, there was no consensus from either Republicans or Democrats. Most seem to remain unconvinced that it will add value instead of just more bureaucracy, but are open to further discussions.
The Israeli Beresheet lunar lander failed to make a soft landing on the Moon today, but the effort, led by Israeli non-profit SpaceIL, is being widely hailed nonetheless. Although it did not win the $20 million Google Lunar X-Prize, the X-Prize Foundation decided to award the SpaceIL team $1 million anyway in recognition of reaching lunar orbit. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine and Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin were among those praising SpaceIL and encouraging them to keep trying.
NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said today that NASA is dividing its human lunar exploration program into two phases. Phase 1, to be completed by 2024 as directed by the White House, will focus on getting astronauts to the lunar surface fast. Phase 2, by 2028, will focus on making the program sustainable. The plan itself remains the same as before, but the Administration will request funding to accelerate it by 4 years.
- Nike Dunk High AC Varsity Leather
- Air Jordan 15 Size 13
- New Mens Nike Huarache Run Ultra SE shoes sz 10.5 Running Training dark green
- Nike Men Ambassador X 10 Lebron James Basketball shoes Grey AH7580-002 US7-11 04'
- NIKE WAFFLE RACER Men's Sneakers shoes Red ×White Size US 8.5 Vintage Y107
- Air Jordan 2 Retro White Red Size 10
- Adidas Originals Women's Superstar shoes (White Black gold)
- New Balance Am574 men Navy bluee Scamosciato e Tessile Formatori Casuale - 9 UK
- Men 9.5Us Vans Old Skool Dark Brown cm 9H Worn
- NIKE Men's Free RN CMTR Running shoes Black 831510-008 Sz 11.5 (886551548167)
- NIKE Womens Nike Zoom Strike AJ0188-401 OCEAN BLISS Size 6.5
- Adidas Stan Smith Sneaker White Navy Mens CQ2870
- New Adidas Women's Originals Superstar shoes (B28040) Scarlet Scarlet-White
- New Balance 1400 M1400BKS Black Silver Japan Exclusive Men Size 9.5 Running shoes
- Vans x Led Zeppelin Sk8-Hi VA38GET5Z US- 8.5
- NIKE VALKYRIE Bordeaux Vintage Sneakers Running shoes made in US size US 10
- Nike Air Pegasus 89 EGD 876111-001 NSW Running Engineered Black Grey-White Sz 11
- NIKE MEN AIR MAX 2017 ID MULTI-COLOR SZ 8 [918091-992]
- Nike Legend Reagieren Indigo Force blue Ungültig red Orbit white
- Mens Nike Air Max 270 Premium - AO8283200 - String Dessert
- Nike Rosherun Roshe Run Siren Red Air Max
- Nike Downshifter 8 Black, White Mens Sneakers Running Tennis shoes 908984 001
- Adidas yeezy 700 Inertia DS W Receipt Size 12
- ADIDAS SUPERSTAR 80's G61069 MEN'S BLACK LEATHER GENUINLY ORIGINAL SNEAKERS NEW
- NIKE AIR MAX 97 METALLIC gold-RED-BLACK SZ 8.5 OLYMPIC RARE [312641-700]
- Nike Air Max 1 men lifestyle sneakers NEW white gym blueee light pumice AH8145-102
- Nike Cortez Basic Leather SE Black Metallic gold White 884412 001 Size 12.5 Lows
- Adidas Women's CrazyFlight X2 Volleyball shoes - Royal, 8.5
- New Balance 1700 Made in USA Navy White Red shoes Mens SZ 8 [M1700CME] Sneakers
- Puma Girl Ladies Vikky Ribbon Fat Laces Trainers shoes 367639
- VNTG Nike Air Jordan 18 XVIII Retro Countdown Pack Black Red Collezione Sz 12
- Nike Air Jordan 1 Mid SE Eqality 2019 Men Us Size 11.5 ( In Hand ) 852542 010
- New NIKE SB Lunar Paul Rodriguez 9 White Black shoes 749564-101 SIZE 13
- Nike Kobe XI 11 TB Promo Black Silver White 856485-001 Men Size 18
- Adidas Pharell Williams NMD Human Race Holi Pack “EQUALITY” Size 8.5 Men
- Adidas Men's Energy Boost Running shoes Size 10.5 Navy Grey orange 160 retail
- ADIDAS ZX FLUX ADV VERVE WOMEN SCHUHE DAMEN SNEAKER LUSH RED WHITE AQ6252 ZX750
- NIKE AIR JORDAN 6 RETRO BLACK-RED-TRUE blueE SZ 11 PISTONS [384664-001]
- Brand New Mens 9 Nike SB Stefan Janoski Max Air Size Black Black Anthracite NIB
- NIKE MENS AIR MAX 2016 PRINT blueE CRIMSON SIZE 12
- NIKE AIR VaporMax Air Max 2018 Men's Running Trainers Red and white
- Air Jordan 2 Retro Silver 25 Anniversay Men's Size 11 New In Box (2010)
- NEW Nike Zoom Kobe Venomenon 4 Basketball shoes, color, Size,
- NEW BALANCE X Concepts M998TNY Tannery Mint Made in USA (11US) Limited new
- Asics GT DS Medium Grey Medium Grey H6G3N Men's SZ 10.5