SpaceX and NASA have confirmed that an “anomaly” occurred yesterday during a static fire test of the SuperDraco engines on SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft. The Crew Dragon spacecraft has eight SuperDraco engines that are used for its abort system in case of an emergency during launch or ascent to orbit. SpaceX is readying for an in-flight abort test as part of its preparations for commercial crew flights to the International Space Station (ISS).
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the week of April 21-27, 2019 and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess this week, except for pro forma sessions. They return for legislative business next week.
Margaret Kivelson is the new chair of the Space Studies Board (SSB) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. She succeeds Fiona Harrison who stepped down in order to co-chair the ongoing Decadal Survey on Astronomy and Astrophysics. Harrison was the first woman to chair SSB in its 61-year history. Now Kivelson is the second.
NASA released crew assignments for the International Space Station (ISS) through spring 2020 today. Notable by their absence are flights by the two U.S. commercial crew companies, SpaceX and Boeing. NASA had hoped that U.S. launches of ISS crews would begin this year. Instead, U.S. crew members will be staying for longer periods of time, including what will be a record-breaking mission by Christina Koch. She will remain for almost 11 months, returning in February 2020 instead of this fall.
The Science and Technology Policy Institute’s (STPI’s) independent analysis of the possibility of sending humans to Mars in 2033 concludes that it is “infeasible under all budget scenarios and technology development and testing schedules.” It might be possible for such a mission to depart Earth in 2037, but 2039 is more realistic, the report says. “Mars 2033” became a rallying cry for some human spaceflight enthusiasts during the Obama Administration and although NASA’s plans have changed quite a bit since then, a sizable Mars-or-bust community remains.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
Dark Grey/Dark Grey-Wolf Grey
|Country/Region of Manufacture:||Vietnam||US Shoe Size (Men's):||US 9 Medium|
Here are SpacePolicyOnline.com’s tidbits for April 15, 2019: Beresheet 2 already in the works; Falcon Heavy core stage tips over; Apollo 11’s Mike Collins wants “JFK Direct” to Mars; Skylab and shuttle astronaut Owen Garriott passes away. Be sure to check our website for feature stories and follow us on Twitter (@SpcPlcyOnline) for more news and live tweeting of events.
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the next TWO weeks, April 14-27, 2019, and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess until April 29, except for pro forma sessions.
Almost two dozen members of the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) quizzed four top military and civilian Pentagon leaders for more than two hours today about why a Space Force is needed and how much it will cost. In the end, there was no consensus from either Republicans or Democrats. Most seem to remain unconvinced that it will add value instead of just more bureaucracy, but are open to further discussions.
The Israeli Beresheet lunar lander failed to make a soft landing on the Moon today, but the effort, led by Israeli non-profit SpaceIL, is being widely hailed nonetheless. Although it did not win the $20 million Google Lunar X-Prize, the X-Prize Foundation decided to award the SpaceIL team $1 million anyway in recognition of reaching lunar orbit. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine and Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin were among those praising SpaceIL and encouraging them to keep trying.
NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said today that NASA is dividing its human lunar exploration program into two phases. Phase 1, to be completed by 2024 as directed by the White House, will focus on getting astronauts to the lunar surface fast. Phase 2, by 2028, will focus on making the program sustainable. The plan itself remains the same as before, but the Administration will request funding to accelerate it by 4 years.
- Nike Dunk High AC Varsity Leather
- Air Jordan 15 Size 13
- New Mens Nike Huarache Run Ultra SE shoes sz 10.5 Running Training dark green
- Nike Men Ambassador X 10 Lebron James Basketball shoes Grey AH7580-002 US7-11 04'
- NIKE WAFFLE RACER Men's Sneakers shoes Red ×White Size US 8.5 Vintage Y107
- Air Jordan 2 Retro White Red Size 10
- Adidas Originals Women's Superstar shoes (White Black gold)
- New Balance Am574 men Navy bluee Scamosciato e Tessile Formatori Casuale - 9 UK
- Men 9.5Us Vans Old Skool Dark Brown cm 9H Worn
- Nike Lebron XIII 13 Low White Metallic Silver Men’s Sneakers 831925-100 Size 11
- NIKE AIR PRESTO ULTRA SI MUSHROOM DEADLY PINK WOMEN SNEAKER Sz 9
- Adidas Crazy Explosive High Top Black Basketball shoes B42421 Geofit S167
- Adidas Originals EQT Support ADV Running shoes Sneakers Pink B37541 Wmns Sz 8
- New Balance 999 Suede Navy Grey Made In USA Running shoes M999CBL Size 12
- Vans Mötorhead Mega Collectors Package - ANSCHAUEN
- BRAND NEW AIR JORDAN RETRO 5 BLACK GRAPE MEN'S 8-13 136027-007 TRUSTED SELLER
- Nike Air Max Trainer 1 Leather Desert Sand Grey Size US 10.5 Men AO5376 003 New
- NIKE AIR MAX 1 ID TRIPLE WHITE SZ 9.5 MESH TOE [943756-995]
- Nike Air Max Uptempo 97 Men’s Sz 13 Pippen White Black (399207 101)
- Air VaporMax 97 'Neon' US 11 Black & Green AJ7291 001
- Nike Air Classic BW Stash Artist Series Signed US 9 307253-401
- Pre Owned Jordan Flight Club 91 Black White Size 10.5 shoes
- Authentic Nike Flare Air Jordan Serena Williams SZ 9.5 Blk Hyper Pink NEW
- Adidas Mens Freak x Carbon Hight Top Lace Up Baseball shoes, Black, Size 18.0
- NIKE AIR FORCE 1 LOW ID KOBE BRYANT RETIREMENT BLACK MAMBA gold AQ9750-991 7.5 6
- Nike Air Max 90 Ultra 2.0 LTR Olive Canvas Gum Size 12 Eu [924447-301]
- NIKE KYRIE 3 TRIPLE BLACKOUT ICE BLACK IRVING 852395 009 sz 14
- Adidas EQT Support Adv Primeknit Womens BZ0006 Energy Aqua White shoes Size 6
- New Balance X-90 Black On Black Lifestyle Men’s Size 9.5 Brand New In Box
- PUMA Womens Trainers Dusty Coral Corduroy Basket Heart Lace Up Casual shoes
- Nike Air Max 2017 Bright Crimson 849559-600 Size 13 Retail 190
- NEW NIKE AIR FORCE 1 AF1 ULTRA FLYKNIT RED BLACK Men's Size SZ 10.5 817420-600
- Air Jordan 7 Retro 'Pure Platinum' 304775-120 White Metallic Silver Men Sz 12
- Womens Nike Free TR 6 PRT Size 9.5
- Adidas NMD Moc Hybrids (1 of 1) Randy the Cobbler
- ADIDAS TERREX AXR2 GTX AC8032 MEN'S TREKKING HIKING SHOES NEW MODEL 2018
- Adidas X Tango 18.3 Indoor shoes Men's
- Air Jordan 5 Retro DMP Raging Bull Pack Size 13
- Men's Nike Air Max Plus TN Tuned 1 EF Wheat Flax Suede Sail Sz 8.5 (AH9697-201)
- NIKE NIKELAB POCKETKNIFE DM TAWNY BROWN-SAIL-MINERAL gold SZ 13 [910571-200]
- TODAY'S SALE Vintage Barkley's & Button Up Shirt. Styled for you
- Nike Kyrie 5 x Concepts Ikhet TV PE 3 Size 13. CI0295-900 Jordan Kobe
- Nike Air Shake NDESTRUKT 880869 402 Midnight Navy White Basketball shoes SZ 8.5
- PUMA Men's Future 2.4 Fg Ag Soccer shoes, - Choose SZ color
- Asics Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66 Grey Green Men Running Casual shoes D4J2L-1384