SpaceX and NASA have confirmed that an “anomaly” occurred yesterday during a static fire test of the SuperDraco engines on SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft. The Crew Dragon spacecraft has eight SuperDraco engines that are used for its abort system in case of an emergency during launch or ascent to orbit. SpaceX is readying for an in-flight abort test as part of its preparations for commercial crew flights to the International Space Station (ISS).
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the week of April 21-27, 2019 and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess this week, except for pro forma sessions. They return for legislative business next week.
Margaret Kivelson is the new chair of the Space Studies Board (SSB) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. She succeeds Fiona Harrison who stepped down in order to co-chair the ongoing Decadal Survey on Astronomy and Astrophysics. Harrison was the first woman to chair SSB in its 61-year history. Now Kivelson is the second.
NASA released crew assignments for the International Space Station (ISS) through spring 2020 today. Notable by their absence are flights by the two U.S. commercial crew companies, SpaceX and Boeing. NASA had hoped that U.S. launches of ISS crews would begin this year. Instead, U.S. crew members will be staying for longer periods of time, including what will be a record-breaking mission by Christina Koch. She will remain for almost 11 months, returning in February 2020 instead of this fall.
The Science and Technology Policy Institute’s (STPI’s) independent analysis of the possibility of sending humans to Mars in 2033 concludes that it is “infeasible under all budget scenarios and technology development and testing schedules.” It might be possible for such a mission to depart Earth in 2037, but 2039 is more realistic, the report says. “Mars 2033” became a rallying cry for some human spaceflight enthusiasts during the Obama Administration and although NASA’s plans have changed quite a bit since then, a sizable Mars-or-bust community remains.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|Style:||Running, Cross Training|
|Width:||Medium (B, M)|
Here are SpacePolicyOnline.com’s tidbits for April 15, 2019: Beresheet 2 already in the works; Falcon Heavy core stage tips over; Apollo 11’s Mike Collins wants “JFK Direct” to Mars; Skylab and shuttle astronaut Owen Garriott passes away. Be sure to check our website for feature stories and follow us on Twitter (@SpcPlcyOnline) for more news and live tweeting of events.
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the next TWO weeks, April 14-27, 2019, and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess until April 29, except for pro forma sessions.
Almost two dozen members of the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) quizzed four top military and civilian Pentagon leaders for more than two hours today about why a Space Force is needed and how much it will cost. In the end, there was no consensus from either Republicans or Democrats. Most seem to remain unconvinced that it will add value instead of just more bureaucracy, but are open to further discussions.
The Israeli Beresheet lunar lander failed to make a soft landing on the Moon today, but the effort, led by Israeli non-profit SpaceIL, is being widely hailed nonetheless. Although it did not win the $20 million Google Lunar X-Prize, the X-Prize Foundation decided to award the SpaceIL team $1 million anyway in recognition of reaching lunar orbit. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine and Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin were among those praising SpaceIL and encouraging them to keep trying.
NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said today that NASA is dividing its human lunar exploration program into two phases. Phase 1, to be completed by 2024 as directed by the White House, will focus on getting astronauts to the lunar surface fast. Phase 2, by 2028, will focus on making the program sustainable. The plan itself remains the same as before, but the Administration will request funding to accelerate it by 4 years.
- Ausverkauf Nike Laufschuhe 25+ Modelle Free Run Rosherun Lunar Air Waffle
- NIKE ZOOM MERCURIAL XI FLYKNIT DARK PALE GREY CHARCOAL GUM 844626 003 SZ 11.5
- Mens Nike Air Max Plus NS GPX TUNED TN AIR Running Trainer shoe RRP
- NIKE AIR MAX 97 PLUS BLACK-ANTHRACITE-WHITE SZ 9 [AH8144-001]
- Nike Dunk Low Premium SB Newcastle Ale gold Atlantic bluee 313170-741 Sz 13
- Nike Air Force 1 Tisci SP Vachetta Tan QS Size 14 Deadstock
- Nike Air Force 1 AOP PRM Tiger Camo SZ 12 Olive AQ4131-200
- Nike Waffle Running shoes rare 580546-300 U.S. 8.5 Aqua w wht NWOB
- 37 New Balance 320 Suede Retro Running Vintage shoes Navy Size 8.5, 9.5 U320AJ
- Vans Sk8 - Alta MTE Sequoia GOMMA Inverno shoes Gr.35-43
- New Adidas Deerupt Running shoes B41772 US8.5-9.5 sneakers superstar stan smith
- ADIDAS gold RAF SIMONS Stan Smith low tops size 5 1 2
- New Balance Men's 411 Hv2 Walking shoes - Choose SZ color
- Nike Rosherun FB Yeezy - 580573 063
- New Mens Lebron Soldier XII SFG Size 9.5 AO4054-100 White White
- CHUKKA DECON SYNDICATE ICE T BLACK PERFORATED VANS VAULT 2013 MENS SIZE 8.5
- Nike Air Huarache 318429-036 Mens Sneakers Grey bluee & White
- Nike Trainer ‘94 PRM QS EA Sports 632194 001
- Men 8.5Us Nike Air Force 1 Lv8 2 Have A Day
- Nike Blazer Mid GS Men's Size 7 895850 001
- NIKE SHOX GRAVITY MENS 11 Metallic Silver
- WOMEN'S NIKE AIR ZOOM PEGASUS 35 PREMIUM RUNNING SHOES Guava Ice SFN17-226
- Adidas EQT 93 Equipment Berlin Marathon LTD Navy Ice bluee shoes B27662 - Size 13
- Adidas Superstar x Farm Pineapple Womens B28040 Scarlet Red White shoes Size 5
- NEW BALANCE SHOES COLOR BONE SUNSET STYLE M997CSU MADE IN THE USA SIZE 10
- NIKE AIR FOOTSCAPE WOVEN CHUKKA PREMIUM QS SNEAKERS MEN CASUAL SHOES US9 RARE
- Nike Lunar Force 1 Duckboot Brown Ale AA1125-200 Size 11.5 UK
- Nike Air Jordan Retro 6 “Sport bluee” Worn Once Mint Condition Men’s Size 13
- Nike Air Jordan 12 Retro “International Flight” BV8016-445 Men's Sz 9
- 2008 Nike Terminator High PRM Stussy x Neighborhood Boneyards 330341-011 US 11
- ASICS Gel Lyte III 3 Black Suede White Gum Sole Mens Size 11 New
- Nike Dualtone Racer Mens 918227-002 Black Dark Grey Mesh Running shoes Size 9.5
- 33 New Mens Nike Mercurial Veloce III FG Soccer Cleats 847756-013 Sizes 6.5-12
- Nike Airmax ‘97 2017 Women
- Adidas Torsion System Men's Athletic Sneakers Sport shoes Size 12.5 Green Yellow
- NEW AUTHENTIC ADIDAS ORIGINALS DEERUPT RUNNER MEN'S SHOES US 8.5
- New Balance Men's 1100v1 Walking shoes - Choose SZ color
- ASICS FuzeX Trail Running shoes - Grey - Mens
- 2016 AIR JORDAN V 5 NEYMAR RELEASE BRAND NEW IN BOX SZ 11 RARE
- NIKE FREE RUN 2018 WHITE BLACK RUNNING RN FLEX CIRCULAR KNIT US MENS SIZES
- Nike SFB 6 SP SPECIAL FIELD BOOTS Black Patent Gum 729488-009 Men sz 6.5 women 8
- Nike Air Zoom Alpha Black Silver 90s Retro Style Mens Running shoes Pick 1
- 2018 Nike Air Jordan 11 XI Retro Low Cool Grey Size 10. 528895-003
- Nike SB Stefan Janoski Max Red White University Sz 8.5 631303-662
- Nike Women's shoes US 9 Dunk Hidden Wedge Sky Hi Sneakers Grey Silver Black
- Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Size 10 Bred Black Red 100% Authentic
- Nike Air Kobe 9 IX Elite Master Piece Multi color Sneakers Men's Size 11.5 New
- Mens Nike FREE HYPERVENOM MID FC Grey Textile Trainers 725128001
- Nike Air Max 90 Essential Triple White - White White
- Nike Dunk Low PRM DLS SB QS Size 11.5 De La Soul Safari Green Brown 789841 332
- Nike Air Vapormax Plus Cargo Khaki Size 10. 924453-300 1 95 97 98
- Adidas D Lillard 2 Bounce B42383
- Adidas Originals EQT ADV EQUIPMENT SUPPORT Men's Running shoes White Trainers
- Puma Rs-0 X Polaroid Mens White Suede Athletic Lace Up Running shoes 11
- Men 9.5Us Asics Kiko Kostadinov Gel Burz 1