SpaceX and NASA have confirmed that an “anomaly” occurred yesterday during a static fire test of the SuperDraco engines on SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft. The Crew Dragon spacecraft has eight SuperDraco engines that are used for its abort system in case of an emergency during launch or ascent to orbit. SpaceX is readying for an in-flight abort test as part of its preparations for commercial crew flights to the International Space Station (ISS).
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the week of April 21-27, 2019 and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess this week, except for pro forma sessions. They return for legislative business next week.
Margaret Kivelson is the new chair of the Space Studies Board (SSB) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. She succeeds Fiona Harrison who stepped down in order to co-chair the ongoing Decadal Survey on Astronomy and Astrophysics. Harrison was the first woman to chair SSB in its 61-year history. Now Kivelson is the second.
NASA released crew assignments for the International Space Station (ISS) through spring 2020 today. Notable by their absence are flights by the two U.S. commercial crew companies, SpaceX and Boeing. NASA had hoped that U.S. launches of ISS crews would begin this year. Instead, U.S. crew members will be staying for longer periods of time, including what will be a record-breaking mission by Christina Koch. She will remain for almost 11 months, returning in February 2020 instead of this fall.
The Science and Technology Policy Institute’s (STPI’s) independent analysis of the possibility of sending humans to Mars in 2033 concludes that it is “infeasible under all budget scenarios and technology development and testing schedules.” It might be possible for such a mission to depart Earth in 2037, but 2039 is more realistic, the report says. “Mars 2033” became a rallying cry for some human spaceflight enthusiasts during the Obama Administration and although NASA’s plans have changed quite a bit since then, a sizable Mars-or-bust community remains.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|Style:||Running, Cross Training|
|Width:||Medium (B, M)|
Here are SpacePolicyOnline.com’s tidbits for April 15, 2019: Beresheet 2 already in the works; Falcon Heavy core stage tips over; Apollo 11’s Mike Collins wants “JFK Direct” to Mars; Skylab and shuttle astronaut Owen Garriott passes away. Be sure to check our website for feature stories and follow us on Twitter (@SpcPlcyOnline) for more news and live tweeting of events.
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the next TWO weeks, April 14-27, 2019, and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess until April 29, except for pro forma sessions.
Almost two dozen members of the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) quizzed four top military and civilian Pentagon leaders for more than two hours today about why a Space Force is needed and how much it will cost. In the end, there was no consensus from either Republicans or Democrats. Most seem to remain unconvinced that it will add value instead of just more bureaucracy, but are open to further discussions.
The Israeli Beresheet lunar lander failed to make a soft landing on the Moon today, but the effort, led by Israeli non-profit SpaceIL, is being widely hailed nonetheless. Although it did not win the $20 million Google Lunar X-Prize, the X-Prize Foundation decided to award the SpaceIL team $1 million anyway in recognition of reaching lunar orbit. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine and Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin were among those praising SpaceIL and encouraging them to keep trying.
NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said today that NASA is dividing its human lunar exploration program into two phases. Phase 1, to be completed by 2024 as directed by the White House, will focus on getting astronauts to the lunar surface fast. Phase 2, by 2028, will focus on making the program sustainable. The plan itself remains the same as before, but the Administration will request funding to accelerate it by 4 years.
- Ausverkauf Nike Laufschuhe 25+ Modelle Free Run Rosherun Lunar Air Waffle
- NIKE ZOOM MERCURIAL XI FLYKNIT DARK PALE GREY CHARCOAL GUM 844626 003 SZ 11.5
- Mens Nike Air Max Plus NS GPX TUNED TN AIR Running Trainer shoe RRP
- NIKE AIR MAX 97 PLUS BLACK-ANTHRACITE-WHITE SZ 9 [AH8144-001]
- Nike Dunk Low Premium SB Newcastle Ale gold Atlantic bluee 313170-741 Sz 13
- Nike Air Force 1 Tisci SP Vachetta Tan QS Size 14 Deadstock
- Nike Air Force 1 AOP PRM Tiger Camo SZ 12 Olive AQ4131-200
- Nike Waffle Running shoes rare 580546-300 U.S. 8.5 Aqua w wht NWOB
- 37 New Balance 320 Suede Retro Running Vintage shoes Navy Size 8.5, 9.5 U320AJ
- Vans Sk8 - Alta MTE Sequoia GOMMA Inverno shoes Gr.35-43
- Adidas Samba W Naked BB1144 - Panton White Size 9 New
- Adidas Originals ZX Flux ADV Virtue W FARM Company Black Multi Women CG4094
- New Balance 818 v2 Training Running shoes. MX818GO2. Size 9 UK.
- 2005 Nike Dunk High Pro SB DE LA SOUL BAROQUE BROWN ALTITUDE GREEN 305050-231 10
- 305050-463 Nike Men Dunk High Pro SB squadron blueee university red white
- Puma Basket Platform Opulence NS Womens 364587-01 Black Leather shoes Size 5.5
- Nike Air Max 270 Size 9.5 Black Total orange AH8050 008 s 9.5
- Nike Romaleos 3 Viking Quest Training Weightlifting shoes AQ0628-200 Size 13
- Nike Air Jordan 10 Retro “Steel” StyleSize 12
- Men Nike Flight Bonafide Cargo Khaki Black White Gum shoes Sneakers 917742-300
- Nike Mens Air Make 1 Print Running Low Top Athletic shoes Sneakers BHFO 2814
- Nike WMNS shoes Air Max 1 Mid Sneakerboot 685269-600 Size 6 Deep Burgundy
- Men's Adidas Harden Vol 1 Pk - Off-White - Width med - Basketball
- NMD Mens R1 Size 8.5
- New Balance 998 Concepts Grand Tourer size 11 VNDS
- Jordan Fear 5 V Size 10 RARE Brand NEW 100% Authentic
- Nike Air Max Plus Tn Sequoia Green Olive White Mens Size 11 Rare 852630-301
- Nike Air Foamposite One University bluee Black White UNC 314996-402 Sz 10
- Nike Air Max 90 Essential shoes shoes Sportive per Tempo Libero Marina white
- NIKE AIR PRESTO SE QS Atmos Safari 844448-002 SZ Small 9-10
- PUMA Women's En Pointe Q2 Jacket - Choose SZ color
- NIB Mens Nike Fly.By Low NBK Nubuck Triple Black Black Anthracite AO2254 001
- Nike 685780-801 Zoom Soldier VIII TB Lebron Basketball Men's Texas colors Sz 17
- Nike Free TR Flyknit bluee Teal Womens Size 10
- [AC7468] Mens Adidas Powerlift.3.1 Weightlifting shoes
- Adidas Solar Drive Men's BOOST Running shoes AC8134
- New Balance 955v2 Wide (2E) Mens Sneakers shoes Black with Silver MW955-V2
- DS MENS ASICS GEL LYTE V BAIT BAY PACK MISFITS H5A0K 9031 SZ 10 FREE SHIP
- Virgil abloh x nike off white vapormax off white size 4
- Nike air huarache ultra womens 859511 402 trainers sneakers shoes SAMPLE
- Nike Zoom Fly SP NIKELAB Sepia Stone Mens SZ 10 AA3172-201
- Nike Air Max 97 Premium Men’s Size 12 BLACK blueE GALE-WHITE BV1256 001
- NEW NIKE AIR TRAINER 2 SB SNEAKERS SIZE 8.5 US DEADSTOCK
- Nike Men's Free Rn 2017 Running shoes Wolf Grey Dark Grey-Pure Platinum Size 8
- Nike Shox Women's Pink white grey 040810-QT. Size 10
- Adidas YEEZY BOOST 350 'PIRATE BLACK' - PIRBLK PIRBLK PIRBLK - AQ2659
- Nike Air Jordan 3 Retro JTH Bio Beige Justin Timberlake AJ3 US 8.5
- New Sz 11 Men's Nike Free 3.0 Flyknit Running 718418 006 University Red Crimson
- Nike Air Huarache Mens 318429-309 Sequoia Dark Stucco Running shoes Size 9
- Nike Air Max 95 OG Solar Red Sizes 6-11 AT2865-100
- Nike Air Jordan Retro 13 Chris Paul Hornets PE CP3 bluee SZ 9 823902-015
- Adidas N-5923 Mens CQ2337 Black White Grey One Textile Running shoes Size 13
- New Adidas Women's Alphabounce Running shoes Aqua Grey 9
- BWGH x Puma Trinomic Plus XS-698 Patriot bluee Size 11 VNDS
- Asics gel lyte iii Snowflake Deadstock Size 7