SpaceX and NASA have confirmed that an “anomaly” occurred yesterday during a static fire test of the SuperDraco engines on SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft. The Crew Dragon spacecraft has eight SuperDraco engines that are used for its abort system in case of an emergency during launch or ascent to orbit. SpaceX is readying for an in-flight abort test as part of its preparations for commercial crew flights to the International Space Station (ISS).
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the week of April 21-27, 2019 and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess this week, except for pro forma sessions. They return for legislative business next week.
Margaret Kivelson is the new chair of the Space Studies Board (SSB) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. She succeeds Fiona Harrison who stepped down in order to co-chair the ongoing Decadal Survey on Astronomy and Astrophysics. Harrison was the first woman to chair SSB in its 61-year history. Now Kivelson is the second.
NASA released crew assignments for the International Space Station (ISS) through spring 2020 today. Notable by their absence are flights by the two U.S. commercial crew companies, SpaceX and Boeing. NASA had hoped that U.S. launches of ISS crews would begin this year. Instead, U.S. crew members will be staying for longer periods of time, including what will be a record-breaking mission by Christina Koch. She will remain for almost 11 months, returning in February 2020 instead of this fall.
The Science and Technology Policy Institute’s (STPI’s) independent analysis of the possibility of sending humans to Mars in 2033 concludes that it is “infeasible under all budget scenarios and technology development and testing schedules.” It might be possible for such a mission to depart Earth in 2037, but 2039 is more realistic, the report says. “Mars 2033” became a rallying cry for some human spaceflight enthusiasts during the Obama Administration and although NASA’s plans have changed quite a bit since then, a sizable Mars-or-bust community remains.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|US Shoe Size (Men's):||10.5|
Does not apply
Here are SpacePolicyOnline.com’s tidbits for April 15, 2019: Beresheet 2 already in the works; Falcon Heavy core stage tips over; Apollo 11’s Mike Collins wants “JFK Direct” to Mars; Skylab and shuttle astronaut Owen Garriott passes away. Be sure to check our website for feature stories and follow us on Twitter (@SpcPlcyOnline) for more news and live tweeting of events.
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the next TWO weeks, April 14-27, 2019, and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess until April 29, except for pro forma sessions.
Almost two dozen members of the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) quizzed four top military and civilian Pentagon leaders for more than two hours today about why a Space Force is needed and how much it will cost. In the end, there was no consensus from either Republicans or Democrats. Most seem to remain unconvinced that it will add value instead of just more bureaucracy, but are open to further discussions.
The Israeli Beresheet lunar lander failed to make a soft landing on the Moon today, but the effort, led by Israeli non-profit SpaceIL, is being widely hailed nonetheless. Although it did not win the $20 million Google Lunar X-Prize, the X-Prize Foundation decided to award the SpaceIL team $1 million anyway in recognition of reaching lunar orbit. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine and Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin were among those praising SpaceIL and encouraging them to keep trying.
NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said today that NASA is dividing its human lunar exploration program into two phases. Phase 1, to be completed by 2024 as directed by the White House, will focus on getting astronauts to the lunar surface fast. Phase 2, by 2028, will focus on making the program sustainable. The plan itself remains the same as before, but the Administration will request funding to accelerate it by 4 years.
- NIKE AIR FORCE 1 YEAR OF THE DRAGON III 553281 110 LIMITED SIZE 10 NEW IN BOX
- Nike Air JORDAN CP3 IV Chris Paul Men's Basketball shoes 428821-102 SZ 10.5 US
- NIKE LEBRON ZOOM WITNESS Sz 10.5 852439-002 kyrie jordan kd 8 9 x11 13 14 7 6 12
- Nike Air Max 90 Ultra Mid Winter - 924458 002
- New Adidas Predator Instinct F sz 10 Mens B35452 Soccer Cleats boot Football
- Adidas OG Stan Smith Primeknit Sneakers-White bluee-Size Women 6.5 Youth 4.5-New
- Puma BMW MS Drift Cat 5 Mens shoes Sneakers 36096503 Team bluee Puma White Sz 7
- Asics GEL QUANTUM 180 4 Men's 1021A104.002 Black Dark Grey Running shoes
- Nike React Element 87 Black Neptune Green Style AQ1090-005 Size 11.5
- NIKE FREE TRAINER 1.0 TRAINING SHOES [807436-060] MEN'S SZ.12
- Nike Men's Roshe One NEW AUTHENTIC Black Anthracite 511881-010
- WMNS NIKE AIR MAX 97 PREMIUM PLUM CHALK PINK-LIGHT CREAM SZ 7 [917646-500]
- Adidas Originals Superstar Men's shoes Camo Black White Select A Size BB2774
- ADIDAS ORIGINALS CAMPUS blueE WHITE MEN'S CASUAL SHOE Size 8.5
- 100% Authentic Off White Nike Vapormax Size 12 w bluee and Black laces.
- Nike Kobe 6 “Dark Knight” Sz.12
- New Balance 1300 Classic Running shoes Grey M1300CWB Mens Size 7 Made In USA
- MENS ASICS FUZE X 2016 STOCKHOLM MARATHON RUNNING SHOES 9.5 43.5 M USED RARE
- Nike Men's Casual shoes Air Max Command Leather Black
- Nike Sb Premier Dunk High QS HS SE 645989 010 In Store Exclusive Petoskey
- NEW AUTHENTIC NIKE AIR VAPORMAX INNEVA BLACK MULTI COLOR AO2447-001 MEN SZ 10
- NIB Mens NIKE Flex Experience RN 3 Grey Cobalt bluee Athletic shoes Size
- New Nike Tanjun SE 844908-303 Vintage Green Mesh Running shoes Womens Sz 8
- Nike Gran Turismo 4 shoes Nike Total Magia II CASUAL SNEAKERS MEN US10 28CM NEW
- Women's Nike Air Max 1 Casual shoes White Midnight Navy Pure Platinum 319986 116
- Adidas Sobakov (Running White Crystal White) Men's shoes B41955
- Adidas Questar Ride Mens Black Textile Athletic Lace Up Running shoes B44809 NEW
- New Balance 577 Test Match made in M577TGY
- ASICS Men's GT-2000 5 Running shoes, Silver Black Hot orange, 6.5 M US
- Nike Air Jordan GRIND Men's Running Sneakers shoes White Platinum
- NIKE AIR JORDAN XX9 HARE MEN NEW WITH BOX
- NIKE AIR MAX TORCH 4 GREY WHITE BLACK MENS RUNNING SHOES FREE POST AUSTRALIA
- Nike Air Vapormax Plus Hyper bluee Black Yellow Reflective Men Running 924453-008
- NIKE Lebron Soldier 2 II TB White Sz 14 Men Basketball shoes
- Nike womens internationalist KJCRD trainers 718671 002 sneakers shoes CLEARANCE
- DS 100% Authentic - Adidas Yeezy 350 Pirate Black (2015) Mens-8.5