SpaceX and NASA have confirmed that an “anomaly” occurred yesterday during a static fire test of the SuperDraco engines on SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft. The Crew Dragon spacecraft has eight SuperDraco engines that are used for its abort system in case of an emergency during launch or ascent to orbit. SpaceX is readying for an in-flight abort test as part of its preparations for commercial crew flights to the International Space Station (ISS).
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the week of April 21-27, 2019 and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess this week, except for pro forma sessions. They return for legislative business next week.
Margaret Kivelson is the new chair of the Space Studies Board (SSB) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. She succeeds Fiona Harrison who stepped down in order to co-chair the ongoing Decadal Survey on Astronomy and Astrophysics. Harrison was the first woman to chair SSB in its 61-year history. Now Kivelson is the second.
NASA released crew assignments for the International Space Station (ISS) through spring 2020 today. Notable by their absence are flights by the two U.S. commercial crew companies, SpaceX and Boeing. NASA had hoped that U.S. launches of ISS crews would begin this year. Instead, U.S. crew members will be staying for longer periods of time, including what will be a record-breaking mission by Christina Koch. She will remain for almost 11 months, returning in February 2020 instead of this fall.
The Science and Technology Policy Institute’s (STPI’s) independent analysis of the possibility of sending humans to Mars in 2033 concludes that it is “infeasible under all budget scenarios and technology development and testing schedules.” It might be possible for such a mission to depart Earth in 2037, but 2039 is more realistic, the report says. “Mars 2033” became a rallying cry for some human spaceflight enthusiasts during the Obama Administration and although NASA’s plans have changed quite a bit since then, a sizable Mars-or-bust community remains.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|US Shoe Size (Men's):||10.5|
Does not apply
Here are SpacePolicyOnline.com’s tidbits for April 15, 2019: Beresheet 2 already in the works; Falcon Heavy core stage tips over; Apollo 11’s Mike Collins wants “JFK Direct” to Mars; Skylab and shuttle astronaut Owen Garriott passes away. Be sure to check our website for feature stories and follow us on Twitter (@SpcPlcyOnline) for more news and live tweeting of events.
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the next TWO weeks, April 14-27, 2019, and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess until April 29, except for pro forma sessions.
Almost two dozen members of the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) quizzed four top military and civilian Pentagon leaders for more than two hours today about why a Space Force is needed and how much it will cost. In the end, there was no consensus from either Republicans or Democrats. Most seem to remain unconvinced that it will add value instead of just more bureaucracy, but are open to further discussions.
The Israeli Beresheet lunar lander failed to make a soft landing on the Moon today, but the effort, led by Israeli non-profit SpaceIL, is being widely hailed nonetheless. Although it did not win the $20 million Google Lunar X-Prize, the X-Prize Foundation decided to award the SpaceIL team $1 million anyway in recognition of reaching lunar orbit. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine and Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin were among those praising SpaceIL and encouraging them to keep trying.
NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said today that NASA is dividing its human lunar exploration program into two phases. Phase 1, to be completed by 2024 as directed by the White House, will focus on getting astronauts to the lunar surface fast. Phase 2, by 2028, will focus on making the program sustainable. The plan itself remains the same as before, but the Administration will request funding to accelerate it by 4 years.
- NIKE AIR FORCE 1 YEAR OF THE DRAGON III 553281 110 LIMITED SIZE 10 NEW IN BOX
- Nike Air JORDAN CP3 IV Chris Paul Men's Basketball shoes 428821-102 SZ 10.5 US
- NIKE LEBRON ZOOM WITNESS Sz 10.5 852439-002 kyrie jordan kd 8 9 x11 13 14 7 6 12
- Nike Air Max 90 Ultra Mid Winter - 924458 002
- New Adidas Predator Instinct F sz 10 Mens B35452 Soccer Cleats boot Football
- Adidas OG Stan Smith Primeknit Sneakers-White bluee-Size Women 6.5 Youth 4.5-New
- Puma BMW MS Drift Cat 5 Mens shoes Sneakers 36096503 Team bluee Puma White Sz 7
- Asics GEL QUANTUM 180 4 Men's 1021A104.002 Black Dark Grey Running shoes
- NEW Nike iD Kobe 10 X Elite Flyknit SZ 9 Multicolor White Black Purple
- Nike SB Zoom Stefan Janoski Purple Tie-Dye Mens Size 11
- Nike Marxman Premium Pure Platinum Size 9.5
- Nike Air Huarache Run PRM Black Sail Gum Brown 683818-011 Womens Size 7.5
- Adidas Alphabounce 5.8 Zip Running shoes BW1387 bluee Petrol Night Size 11
- Womens Ultra Boost 4.0 Cloud White Show Your Stripes Size 9 US BB6492
- DS Nike Air ZOOM GENERATION LEBRON JAMES BLACK WHITE CRIMSON RED Size 10
- Nike Men's Air Odyssey Ltr Running shoes
- NEW BALANCE U 420 LBR OCRA Sneakers UOMINI 603901-60-9
- Puma Women's Vikky Sneaker Purple Quiet Shade-puma White 6.5
- Air Jordan 3 Black Cement 2018 Retro Size 7y 854262 001 100% Authentic
- Nike Men's Air Force 1 Low Retro NYC Kith Exclusive AF1 845053-002 a
- Nike Air Max 95 “Cool Grey Anthracite White” Men’s Trainer Limited Edition
- MENS NIKE FREE TRAINER V7 TRAINING SHOES SIZE 10 blueE-WHITE-COLBOLT
- NEW NIKE Mens Sz 9 ZOOM VICTORY 4 XC Track & Field Spikes 878804 438
- Nike DS Air Jordan 20 Size 12 Red (2005)
- Nike Moon Racer Running shoes Black Wolf Grey AQ4121-001 Men's Sz 6 Wmn's Sz 7.5
- Adidas x Pharrell Williams HU HOLI Stan Smith Green AC7043 NWB DS Mens Sz 10.5
- Brun Adidas Originals Los Angeles W BB5343
- New Balance 997 Black White Reflective Silver Mens Sz 7
- PUMA Faas 600 V2 Women's Running shoes - 10 - bluee
- Nike Air Sockracer Flyknit Running Men's Black Yellow Size 9
- Nike kd trey 5 lmtd
- Nike Epic React Flyknit Men's Black Black White Q0067011
- Nike Air More Uptempo '96 Premium Mens AA4060-200 Flax Gum Suede shoes Size 10.5
- Nike air force 1 wolf grey
- Nike Zoom Victory 2 Men's Running shoes, Style 555365-306 Size 6.5 MSRP 120
- ADIDAS YEEZY BOOST 700 MAUVE 11.5 EE9614 500 350 700 WAVE RUNNER RECEIPT KANYE