SpaceX and NASA have confirmed that an “anomaly” occurred yesterday during a static fire test of the SuperDraco engines on SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft. The Crew Dragon spacecraft has eight SuperDraco engines that are used for its abort system in case of an emergency during launch or ascent to orbit. SpaceX is readying for an in-flight abort test as part of its preparations for commercial crew flights to the International Space Station (ISS).
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the week of April 21-27, 2019 and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess this week, except for pro forma sessions. They return for legislative business next week.
Margaret Kivelson is the new chair of the Space Studies Board (SSB) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. She succeeds Fiona Harrison who stepped down in order to co-chair the ongoing Decadal Survey on Astronomy and Astrophysics. Harrison was the first woman to chair SSB in its 61-year history. Now Kivelson is the second.
NASA released crew assignments for the International Space Station (ISS) through spring 2020 today. Notable by their absence are flights by the two U.S. commercial crew companies, SpaceX and Boeing. NASA had hoped that U.S. launches of ISS crews would begin this year. Instead, U.S. crew members will be staying for longer periods of time, including what will be a record-breaking mission by Christina Koch. She will remain for almost 11 months, returning in February 2020 instead of this fall.
The Science and Technology Policy Institute’s (STPI’s) independent analysis of the possibility of sending humans to Mars in 2033 concludes that it is “infeasible under all budget scenarios and technology development and testing schedules.” It might be possible for such a mission to depart Earth in 2037, but 2039 is more realistic, the report says. “Mars 2033” became a rallying cry for some human spaceflight enthusiasts during the Obama Administration and although NASA’s plans have changed quite a bit since then, a sizable Mars-or-bust community remains.
Pre-owned: An item that has been used or worn previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and ... Read moreabout the condition
|Product Line:||Nike Air|
|US Shoe Size (Men's):||12||Year:||2005|
Air Max 93
Here are SpacePolicyOnline.com’s tidbits for April 15, 2019: Beresheet 2 already in the works; Falcon Heavy core stage tips over; Apollo 11’s Mike Collins wants “JFK Direct” to Mars; Skylab and shuttle astronaut Owen Garriott passes away. Be sure to check our website for feature stories and follow us on Twitter (@SpcPlcyOnline) for more news and live tweeting of events.
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the next TWO weeks, April 14-27, 2019, and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess until April 29, except for pro forma sessions.
Almost two dozen members of the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) quizzed four top military and civilian Pentagon leaders for more than two hours today about why a Space Force is needed and how much it will cost. In the end, there was no consensus from either Republicans or Democrats. Most seem to remain unconvinced that it will add value instead of just more bureaucracy, but are open to further discussions.
The Israeli Beresheet lunar lander failed to make a soft landing on the Moon today, but the effort, led by Israeli non-profit SpaceIL, is being widely hailed nonetheless. Although it did not win the $20 million Google Lunar X-Prize, the X-Prize Foundation decided to award the SpaceIL team $1 million anyway in recognition of reaching lunar orbit. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine and Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin were among those praising SpaceIL and encouraging them to keep trying.
NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said today that NASA is dividing its human lunar exploration program into two phases. Phase 1, to be completed by 2024 as directed by the White House, will focus on getting astronauts to the lunar surface fast. Phase 2, by 2028, will focus on making the program sustainable. The plan itself remains the same as before, but the Administration will request funding to accelerate it by 4 years.
- Nike Hyperadapt 1.0 Sport Royal Auto Lacing Size 10 DS
- NIKE AIR FORCE 180 CHARLES BARKLEY OG 310095-011 SIZE 11 MAX 2013 RELEASE BLACK
- Nike Air Jordan Academy Mens Hi Top Trainers 844515 605 Sneakers shoes
- Nike Dunk Low Premium FT SB QS Fast Times Black White-Midnight Navy 745954-014
- Air Jordan 11 Concord 9.5 2018 Spacejam Yeezy Nmd Nike Bred
- SZ 9.5 NIKE KD VI 6 WHAT THE KD
- Nike Wmns Air Zoom Pegasus 34 bluee Pink Women Running shoes Sneakers 880560-406
- Nike Barkley Postie Max - 555097 040
- Puma Pacer Next Cage Running shoes Vintage shoes Sneakers 365284 Elephant Skin
- Vans Authentic (MLB)New York Yankees Navy VN-0A2Z5IKU3 Men's size 9
- Adidas Mens EQT Support ADV Black Black Turbo BB1304 Mens Size 6.5 Women Sz. 7.5
- 1809 adidas Originals Adilette Women's Sandals shoes S75382
- Brand New Mens Black, orange & White New Balance L4040B03 Baseball Cleats, 12.5
- Nike Air Foamposite One Black Bright Cactus shoes Size 12 In very good conditi
- Nike vapormax plus all black size new negras shipping worldwide
- PUMA The Ren Boot BLACK Womens - Size cm
- Nike Epic React Trainers Mens US 6.5 CM 24.5 REF 5171
- Nike Dunk bluee Pigeon Mens shoes Sneakers Rare 10.5 Sample 2007 Hype Street Wear
- Nike Air Jordan Retro 2 II Melo 385475-122 White bluee Size 10
- Nike Cortez Nylon OBSIDIAN NAVY blueE WHITE YANKEES 807472-410 10.5 FORREST GUMP
- Nike Lunar Fingertrap TR Black White Black D-Width Men's Sz 9.5, 10.5-14 US NIB
- NIKE AIR MAX 2015 (QS) BLACK WHITE SIZE 6Y WOMEN'S 7.5 [705457-002]
- Adidas Terrex Climacool Parley Boat Watersport bluee Mens Sneakers shoes Size 9
- Adidas UltraBOOST X Clima W cg3946
- DS NIB MENS NEW BALANCE 991.5FT MADE IN ENGLAND “SOLWAY EXCURSION” PACK SZ 12
- NIKE air job - Dan 7 retro 304775-142
- Nike Men's Zoom Train Action Cross Trainer
- Men's Nike Air Huarache Running shoes White White Sizes 8-13 NIB 318429-111
- AIR JORDAN 4 IV RETRO DUNK FROM ABOVE Men’s Size 10.5 (308497-425)
- 2017 Nike Air Max 1 Premium SC Jewel Rare Ruby 918354-104 University Red US 8.5
- ASICS GEL-FLUX 4 MENS BLACK orange COURSE RUNNING TRAINERS SIZE
- NIKE AIR MAX 270 BE TRUE Rainbow LGBTQ AR0344-500 JP 28.5 US 10.5 JPN import F S
- Nike Free Trainer 3.0 Livestrong Black Yellow 553638 007 Men's Size 10
- Womens Nike Air Jordan Spizike Elephant Print iD Red Black SZ 5 ( 605241-999 )
- Adidas Alphabounce Zip BW1385 Continental Mens Athletic shoes Grey Sz 11.5
- BY9520 Adidas Women NMD R2 Primeknit W white footwear white core black
- NEW BALANCE M990GL4 MADE IN US SPORT MENS RUNNING SNEAKERS SIZE 10.5
- ASICS GEL LYTE III 3 US Size 8 Bleached Apricot Grey Running shoes H7L4L 1717
- 2009 Nike Air Jordan XI 11 Retro SPACE JAM BLACK ROYAL blueE WHITE 378037-041 10
- NIKE AIR FOOTSCAPE WOVEN NM BLACK blueeE JAY WHITE 875797 005 SZ 10.5
- Nike Mens Huarache Running shoes Cobblestone White Black 318429-040
- NIKE AIR MAX PENNY MENS 685153-601
- 518160-330 Nike Air Max 97 hyperfuse sz 8
- Nike Air Max Vision 918230-100 Black White Mesh Synthetic shoes size 15
- Nike Wmns Free TR Flyknit 3 [942887-001] Women's Running shoes Size 11US
- ADIDAS PHARRELL HU NMD NERD COMPLEXCON 2018 5US
- Air Jordan 1 White Pinnacle Size 13
- Nike Air Shake NDestrukt White Black 100% Authentic Rodman 880869-102
- NIKE METCON 4 PREMIUM (AH7454 001) CROSSFIT TRAINERS
- Nike Air Jordan 8 VIII Retro Bred Black Cement Gym Red Grey 305381-022 Size 8.5
- Nike Kd Durant DS 12 Iv Undftd Green
- Adidas adizero Prime Parley Unisex Running shoes Black Aqua bluee Sz 8.5 DB1252
- Adidas Sneaker shoes men Retro da Ginnastica Tempo Libero Tessuto pelle
- Puma Men's Smash Jersey Fashion Sneaker - Choose SZ color
- New Asics Gel-Lyte V Ronnie Fieg Cove - Size 11.5 - bluee Grey - H41KK 4212